They were in my mind,
They were in my my heart.
I had them in my soul.
They played out in my life's role.
No matter which book I yesterday read,
On so many paths it lead.
'How can all these words,
Be about me, '
The book was all about me,
But it was all about you,
T'was all about everyone,
It was about everything.
It was a book.
The words of an author.
Words from many authors,
Books different from each other.
Words of now.
Words of eternity.
Words that did allow.
Words with no permission.
Words without submission.
Pretty books that I ever saw
Yes, I was lucky to have them.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Books by Vera Sidhwa )
- For The Romantic Poets In The Dissatisfi.., mary douglas
- End of trust, gajanan mishra
- Ode To Peace, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Divine Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)