Books of the Universe
The emperor stood in front,
Of his books,
In the library of his universe.
His ego huge from reading much.
These books varied as such.
The emperor's face immersed,
In pages upon pages,
Written by sages and sages.
The emperor thought himself,
Above it, even above the universe.
He decided to the universe curse,
Using his 'knowledge.'
But just as he tried,
The universe died,
And the emperor died with it.
And the universal destruction,
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Books of the Universe by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Cliche', Jon M. Nelson
- Prime Truth - 71, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Whiff By Kedarnath Sharma, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Dawn, Edward Kofi Louis
- When she could ask for sky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Silent Water Runs Deep, Jon M. Nelson
- Extinction, Jon M. Nelson
- My Tourniquet, Kyle Schlicher
- Roses In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Life Is, Jon M. Nelson