'I can do what ever I want,
When ever I want,
How ever many times I want,
Where ever in the world I want,
Why ever I want.'
'And you can't do anything about it.'
'Well, ' I said to him.
His mind made up it seemed.
I watched his face for a clue.
He didn't even give me respect
That was due.
He said again, 'and you can't do
ANYTHING about it'.
And now his face looked angelic.
I wondered what made him the way he was.
I wondered, then I was for words lost.
But then it occurred to me,
How children played in glee,
That whatever this boy thought,
Was lost on me.
Then I realized it was childhood,
In full bloom.
Then I smiled a big smile at him,
Then laughed at him.
When he commenced to quietly,
Play on the playground,
So sweetly and without a sound.
His temper tantrum was over.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Boy by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra