' ' ' ' BRACE OF TANKAS
PEEL ME A GRAPE!
Two grapes left on plate
look like lost nipples looking
for their mammaries.
I popping them in my mouth
delighting in both senses.
This concrete city
infects the sky...turning it
into concrete too.
Concrete sun and concrete rain.
Concrete humans... cry...real tears
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' ' ' ' BRACE OF TANKAS by Dónall Dempsey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Modi Saheb, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inspiration Is Dead In Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Brothers, Raymond A. Foss
- Politician, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- My Brother, Raymond A. Foss
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal