Breathing A New Chapter
I open up the book and blow the dust off of the page.
Remove every trace of cobwebs, because I feel a coming change.
A light within the darkness, a calming shift in violent winds
Finding me with open arms, as together we ascend.
This world is too indifferent, tough to face it all alone.
I often find my spirit trapped in raging battle-zones.
But this chapter holds some promise, I'm on the worn edge of my seat.
Now I've finally begun my reading as I allow myself to breathe.
Aaron Lynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breathing A New Chapter by Aaron Lynn )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 February 1887 - 3 November 1914)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey