He decided to leave her past behind,
And keep her love a little more confined.
So they slipped away with no farewell,
Telling falsehoods they knew would sell.
Desperate to flee those they deceived,
They tried to alter the way they were perceived.
So we watched them build a bridge of lies,
And slink across to the other side.
They cower there with their backs to the crowd,
Hands in their pockets, heads to the ground.
Sometimes we see them and they divert their eyes,
As they gag on the final pieces of their pride.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bridge by Richard Betts )
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar