Her family is broken.
Her father's never home and when
he is, he doesn't even notice her.
Her brother is never here, always with
his girlfriend just so he can escape
this place. Her sister the drug addict
and alcoholic, takes her kid to
her ‘husbands' house where he
beats her and treats her like a slave,
cheating on her all the time.
Her mom doesn't care anymore,
just ignores everyone, just like her father.
She herself has given up on this broken family.
It may not seem as broken as the worst but
it's broken enough
for the little girl to
end her life. Leaving behind her family.
They wake up and realize
that their family is broken.
When it's too late
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Family by Nichole Herrin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Hypnosis, Naveed Khalid
- Dancing with Santa, Kirti Gupta
- Welcome to Heaven, Tayyab Ijaz
- Shakespeherian Rag, Naveed Khalid
- God with Us, Paul Sebastian
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Peshawar massacre, Ejaz Khan