Her family is broken.
Her father's never home and when
he is, he doesn't even notice her.
Her brother is never here, always with
his girlfriend just so he can escape
this place. Her sister the drug addict
and alcoholic, takes her kid to
her ‘husbands' house where he
beats her and treats her like a slave,
cheating on her all the time.
Her mom doesn't care anymore,
just ignores everyone, just like her father.
She herself has given up on this broken family.
It may not seem as broken as the worst but
it's broken enough
for the little girl to
end her life. Leaving behind her family.
They wake up and realize
that their family is broken.
When it's too late
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Family by Nichole Herrin )
- As golden, hasmukh amathalal
- without warning, with morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
- Sonnet: How Cancers Kill!, Dr John Celes
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Cutting Edge, Satish Verma
- Will Never Love Nor Marry Unless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)