Buddha On The Bounty
for Merrill Gilfillan
'A little loving can solve a lot of things'
She locates two spatial equivalents in
The same time continuum. 'You are lovely. I
am lame.' 'Now it's me.' 'If a man is in
Solitude, the world is translated, my world
& wings sprout from the shoulders of 'The Slave''
Yeah. I like the fiery butterfly puzzles
Of this pilgrimage toward clarities
Of great mud intelligence & feeling.
'The Elephant is the wisest of all animals
The only one who remembers his former lives
& he remains motionless for long periods of time
Meditating thereon.' I'm not here, now,
& it is good, absence.
Ted Berrigan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Buddha On The Bounty by Ted Berrigan )
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Harvest Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- The Red Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid
- Aurora, Naveed Khalid
- Mythology, Naveed Khalid
- Gifts Of Heredity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak