Build Upon The Rock
Don’t build a life around anyone, but build your life upon God’s Son,
Build your life upon The Rock, God’s Cornerstone of Eternal Stock.
Through this life you will endure, on His foundation sound and sure,
By building a family in this life, in The Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
God the Father above sent His Son, to this earth below for everyone,
So men could move from shifting sand, to build upon The Son of Man.
Christ was sent to be a Cornerstone, of every family and every home,
In Christ God offers all salvation, God’s one and only true foundation.
Christ will become the stable part, of both your home and your heart,
He is the one part, you will find, that always gives you peace of mind.
As things in life must rearrange, you will find Christ does not change,
Unchanging Truths guide your life, when you’re on the Rock of Christ.
Christ will help you stand up tall, when others around you seem to fall,
As they stumble through life’s sand, Christ holds you up with His Hand.
He’s the one to build a future on, when all others have come and gone,
And a future that extends well beyond, this present earth that we’re on.
When we choose to build our life, on the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
He not only cares for what we see, but Christ extends our life eternally.
He prepares for us an eternal home; a place that we can call our own,
Where we will live forevermore, with the Eternal Rock, Christ our Lord.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Build Upon The Rock by Bob Gotti )
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)