'win some lose some'
He was lean and mean,
like the rawhide whip he'd
crack above their heads.
'Pull you lazy bastards pull! '
Crack - crack - crack!
went the whip.
The bullocks straining, slobbering
and grunting, moved the massive log
up a gradient on to even ground.
And when they cleared the rise
their bodies trembled in relief.
The bullocky won the bet
his team could move the log.
But in the effort his massive lead bull,
bellowing from exhaustion, died.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BULLOCKY by jerry hughes )
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate