A FOUND FRAGMENT
'the Somme 1916'
I'm scribbling in incessent rain
and mud has turned to slush.
The stench of death is all about
and god's deserted us.
Last night I saw a young lad die,
he cried his life away.
I felt so bloody helpless -
Will it be me today?
jerry hughes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FOUND FRAGMENT by jerry hughes )
- Prayer at 5: 30 a.m. by Robert E. Whelan.., Bill Grace
- स्रोद गोमोरदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Rules Of The Game., Tony Adah
- Rold Dahls Words Of Wow, Curtlan Popo
- Lovingkindness! ! ! Yes!, Mr. Nobody
- Poetry Consoles, Sandra Feldman
- Inner Cosmos, Curtlan Popo
- Coffee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Arrival , Gert Strydom
- Spectrum, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)