Bumps In The Road
At another bump or roadblock ahead, we turn to the Lord God instead,
For what may be a hindrance to us, is just another opportunity to trust.
In our Lord God’s guiding Hand, in the times that we don’t understand,
As God woos every wandering soul, back to Him, Who reigns over all.
He moves upon unbelievers too, this, through the lives of me and you,
Speaking to a family or to a friend, providing them His light in the end,
When they have a trial of the same, we can lift up high The Only Name,
The One who gives light to every life, in a world riddled by man’s strife.
As many today are sorely mislead, while they continue spiritually dead,
Still spiritually darkened in their sin, without that New Life found in Him,
The life in Christ, God’s Only Son, sent to grant a new life to everyone,
That’s to everyone who will believe, new life from God they will receive.
And with our New Life we become, God’s Light to men, for God’s Son,
His Light for men, as times darken, with a message for them to harken.
Regenerated by The Spirit of God, for His purpose on this earthly sod,
Pointing all from the night to day, to help men find God’s Narrow Way.
So when we see a bump in the road, or get burdened by a heavy load,
Reflect on, to whom we belong, while allowing Him to fill us with song,
As everything shall work out right, for those called to walk in His Light,
While we’re used by Jesus Christ, on a journey from earth to Paradise.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bumps In The Road by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What Do I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable