Cabin on Loon Lake
INTERIOR kitchen of rustic cabin
in remote region of northern Michigan
wind howling snow swirling visible
through small window at left
Disheveled man sits at makeshift desk
sorting through stacks of paper
Angular woman leans against iron sink
smoking cigarette after cigarette
MAN> You use the checkbook?
Woman looks around room, smiling.
She gestures toward a cabinet against the wall.
WOMAN> There's some Wheaties in the cupboard.
Man looks startled as he rises to his feet
MAN> You know what I'm saying?
Woman stubs out cigarette in a chipped coffee cup.
She fishes out another from the pack in her shirt pocket.
Man comes around desk and hands her a folded sheet.
Woman unfolds paper and studies it.
WOMAN> This is just plain crazy.
Man turns to desk and unrolls a length of blueprint.
He smooths it and points at the center of the sheet.
WOMAN> I like it.
Michael Pruchnicki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cabin on Loon Lake by Michael Pruchnicki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thinking In Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Maze Of Togetherness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am a snowfall at your gate, Mark Heathcote
- Yakhni, Nassy Fesharaki
- Illuminating Shyness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flagrant Hesitancy-, Thomas Bates
- to the boy, now a man, driving a Silverado, Mandolyn Davidson
- One Whisper... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Naturally Dispersed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pluripotent (return hexatina refrains), Diane Hine