Comatose day dreams out of dust speckled windows
ill-luminated by calico clouds and a sad sickly sun.
Lactose moonlight washes out all the vagueness
of our deconsecrated circadian existence.
Once wild sails now moored to something morose
where settled is the antithesis and absence of fun.
Feelings we harboured of silence and safety
are ones we abhor, now we are bored.
Alexander Hawkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Calico Clouds by Alexander Hawkins )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri