El Cocos Locos
Morning demands different rules.
Life is a mess hidden by the patterns of public transport furnishings,
like confetti vomit or nauseating square spirals
speckled with gum, bile and worse… so much worse.
Itemising these wonders is work for us whacky folk, for whom decades
doodle on by whilst we're on the phone, twiddling with a helix-like phone cord.
Exasperated, I applaud. It's all become a bit too much.
Communication before understanding… oh, I don't understand the morning.
Alexander Hawkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (El Cocos Locos by Alexander Hawkins )
- HOLLYWOOD 1996, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HILLARY CLINTON'S ADDRESS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HELLO PUPPIT LADY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- TORMENT, Donald Charon
- Parents (Quatrain), Dorian Petersen Potter
- HEATH THE IMPERSONATOR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Forgive or Forget, Deanna Gorton
- HATS OFF TO DR. CAMERON AND JOANN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Day By Day With God Make My Way (Sonneti.., Dorian Petersen Potter
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns