Calligraphy Of The Soul
A measure of sanity to put the square peg in the square hole,
or the unique stroke of a being the calligraphy of the soul.
So often we try to fit in, but how can we ever begin;
a soul has no form or carbon print.
The soul evolves through time each released to a
destiny sometimes chaste or eloquent.
A soul can be captured for a time like a butterfly in a net,
admired then released into its timeless travel.
A soul can be led astray like a tainted stroke a smudge
created by a moments hesitation to unravel.
Each character unique some with a blend of shadow
and light to form the person God wants us to be.
We resist wanting to hold the pen and make our own
impression and it is ok -all part of the art of calligraphy.
We practice holiness and obedience but each fine line
is subject to interpretation as it should be.
The ink gently dipped as to not obtain more than we can bear,
The symbolic expression of you and me.
Not by a round peg in a round hole, can you measure the soul.
the soul unaccountable for ink spilled, only for destiny fulfilled.
A soul has no boundaries or limits - a precious gift,
Not endless energy as science accords, but a poem written in eternal words.
Created in joy and in strife, the calligraphy of our souls written
forever in the book of life.
Saint Eule's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Calligraphy Of The Soul by Saint Eule )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen