James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CAN THIS BE DONE? ... SEPT 5TH,2013
They’re talking about deleting our Senate off the map,
Should it depend on how many senators are having a nap?
After all, they can stay around until they are seventy five,
But even at that old age some of them can be very much alive.
But if they could give us death-with-dignity; that would be great,
I don’t think they can do it until the Commons has it up for debate,
But they should still try because the writing is on the wall,
Could the auditor’s financial report put the place into recall?
Do we have to change the Constitution for major stuff like this?
Its not something that can be overlooked forgotten and dismissed,
And while we’re at it; death-with-dignity is due and should be passed,
Despite all the organized holy religious opposition amassed.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem