Can We Be Nailed Down Aug 3rd,2012
Appointees from a very secret list up there near the gods,
Dressed like Santa Clause or bishops, they got the official jobs,
The Canadian Supreme Court can deny you death with dignity,
Though if you are in great pain; this could be a great indignity.
We don't know these judges, where they came from or who they are,
They allowed the Vancouver Insite drug-addict clinic bizarre,
They refused Sue Rodriguez death with dignity although in pain,
She had Lou Gehrig's disease, which is far too dreadful to explain.
Can all this Canadian stuff be swept under the rug?
Or are we all on some very cheap hallucinogenic drug?
If we had binding referendums, we could change things around,
If we could change Trudeau's Charter, we could not be nailed down.
Your MPs or media moguls don't answer questions like this,
Never mention the binding referendums held by the Swiss,
What are our chances of getting that pipeline to the West Coast?
If the Supreme Court could decide; would we hide or boast?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Be Nailed Down Aug 3rd,2012 by James Bredin )
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry