CAN WE DO IT? ... APRIL 22ND,2013
How do we get a euthanasia-political-action-group?
So we can get death-with-dignity and stop going round the loop,
So we don’t have to go to Switzerland to quietly die,
The Ottawa establishment makes the rules that we can’t defy.
They told Sue Rodriguez she had to die - Lou Gehrig’s disease,
No euthanasia allowed no matter how often you say please,
Ottawa politicians and appointees can’t be impressed,
They are an isolated distant group and cannot be addressed.
You could send them an e-mail and get an automatic reply,
But maybe not but appointed aristocrats are up very high,
And you are a mere living mortal from way down below,
You may not be entitled to a reply you brazen so and so.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (CAN WE DO IT? ... APRIL 22ND,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah