Can We Influence Our Appoınted Senate...
How do we influence the Canadian Senate appointees?
They are not elected so live an aristocrat life of ease,
So isolated, they may not have heard of death-with-dignity,
Should we write them, phone them, e-mail them or just watch them on TV?
As members of the appointed Ottawa elite; they are high up,
You don’t get normal contact with these aristocrats closeup,
You have to show respect because of their honorary titles,
And realize that they have lots of bureaucratic disciples.
How do we tell these elites about death-with-dignity now?
They may not listen because they are holier than thou,
Is there somewhere you can complain about this attitude?
And their complete lack of thankfulness and gratitude.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can We Influence Our Appoınted Senate... by James Bredin )
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
- Cheenti ki maut (Hindi) चींटी की मौत, S.D. TIWARI
- Even If You're Not A Poet, Call You That.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Truly Love you, Michael McParland
- The Third Person, Latha Krishnan
- This Body And This Mind, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)