Can We Influence Our Appoınted Senate...
How do we influence the Canadian Senate appointees?
They are not elected so live an aristocrat life of ease,
So isolated, they may not have heard of death-with-dignity,
Should we write them, phone them, e-mail them or just watch them on TV?
As members of the appointed Ottawa elite; they are high up,
You don’t get normal contact with these aristocrats closeup,
You have to show respect because of their honorary titles,
And realize that they have lots of bureaucratic disciples.
How do we tell these elites about death-with-dignity now?
They may not listen because they are holier than thou,
Is there somewhere you can complain about this attitude?
And their complete lack of thankfulness and gratitude.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can We Influence Our Appoınted Senate... by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Days Of Olokun, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The Lover, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- ALL OF THEM كلهم, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Eyes, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Yayathi, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Day, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- A Girl With No Gold, with No thing to hold, Monk E. Biz
- Beasts Of Burden, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Horse In Autumn, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- To A Child, Ruth Manning-Sanders