Can You Understand, My Dear?
Once upon a time, on a some sunny day,
A few hundred years ago, people used to say,
Smart idioms, taken from our daily life
Like bees pass their food, in their hive.
They passed it to one another by heart,
Something like this, and something like that,
As love songs, for their infants, to go asleep,
Word by word, and beepby beep.
You have read in your childhood, Anderson and Green,
Their stories always have a theme,
Where bad and good, fight and fight,
But at the end, there is always a light!
Look in our everyday life, look and see,
How hard sometime, life seemed to be,
But little by little, there was a piece of hope,
Which conquers all obstacles, and help get your scope!
Can you understand my dear?
Why I sometimes, dropp a tear?
It is because of you, with your personal art,
That put much love, in my heart!
Yoseph Lupu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You Understand, My Dear? by Yoseph Lupu )
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
- Psalm XXIII, Henry Ainsworth
- Moral on love., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dreamcatcher, Kwai Chee Low
- etc, gordon nosworthy
- And they ruined my family, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)