James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Canadıan Appointed Senate
It’s not our appointed Senate that is at fault; it’s us,
We have allowed an elite corporate conspiracy without a fuss,
And less than half of us bother to vote in any election,
All these little details may indeed have a connection.
There is no doubt about it but Canada needs to change,
Unfortunately our appointed senators think this is too strange,
Conspiracies for life-long cushy jobs behind the scene,
Elite travelling appointed aristocrats seldom if ever seen.
Canadians should have a binding referendum once a year,
Compulsory attendance of a five dollar fine; is that clear?
Only questions that can be answered with a yes or a no,
On or about the tenth of September each year in a row.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem