Canadıan Appointed Senate
It’s not our appointed Senate that is at fault; it’s us,
We have allowed an elite corporate conspiracy without a fuss,
And less than half of us bother to vote in any election,
All these little details may indeed have a connection.
There is no doubt about it but Canada needs to change,
Unfortunately our appointed senators think this is too strange,
Conspiracies for life-long cushy jobs behind the scene,
Elite travelling appointed aristocrats seldom if ever seen.
Canadians should have a binding referendum once a year,
Compulsory attendance of a five dollar fine; is that clear?
Only questions that can be answered with a yes or a no,
On or about the tenth of September each year in a row.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Canadıan Appointed Senate by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK