James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CANADIAN SENATE... FEB 15TH,2013
CANADIAN SENATE … FEB 15TH,2013
Our Canadian Senate stuck us with Mulroney's GST,
Senators not elected seem to be lazy appointees,
Something is wrong that apparently can't be made right,
But the Americans can vote for their senators to their delight.
Canadian appointees can stay till they are seventy-five,
Nobody knows for sure what they do except maybe connive,
So the prime minister should be told to appoint no more,
It will be empty when the last senator goes out the door.
And this way, we don't have to abolish their useless Senate place,
And those who get excited or worked up, can be told right to their face,
The place is empty because no one can remember what they did,
And we the people recognize that it was secret and sordid.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.