It's Aunt Nora's birthday
She's partial to Belgian chocolates
I go with mama
To the candy shop
'We're here to get a present
for Aunt Nora, ' she admonishes.
'Don't even ask for candy! '
And I promise.
But once inside,
the aroma of the place
The gleaming display cases
Candies winking at me
I know she'll say no
But I just have to ask!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candy Shop by Diana Holinski )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow