Carnal Sultry Chords, Pirate Adventures (15)
Devoid of shelter; clamoring to surface the pit,
quenching fires stoked by years of seeded vengeance,
suffocating in pain, I climbed back upon the tip
spewing curses at my involuntary penance.
The beast resisting, retreating to its heartless cage,
its strongholds breached by years of cowardice and deceit,
I viewed the carnage left by its knifelike clawing swage
amid the ruins stumbling forward on unsteady feet.
Corpses of mummified witches hacked into fragments,
stone statues of cloven beasts with arms and heads detached,
I was destroying monuments of ancient worship,
yet; still the angel child crawled on her destined path.
I viewed the Priestess, her face hideous and deformed,
layered with years of desuetude and wormy decay.
I no longer deceived by her carnal sultry chords.
I pulled my knife and venomously swore she would pay.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Carnal Sultry Chords, Pirate Adventures (15) by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Little Idol, Tosin Abegunde
- Her Life Runs Like a Red Silk Flag, Bruce Weigl
- A Ride To Forever, Faraj Nyandiko
- Elegy for Peter, Bruce Weigl
- parental guidance unfin, lee fones
- Missing of the Birds, Michael Lee Johnson
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night vision, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash