I gazed towards the window
And found a caterpillar crawling,
With eager thoughts in my heart
I kept myself staring.
From where did it come
And what questions does it throw,
I dreamt of the Garden of Eden
As my soul wished to know.
A sparkling day was ahead
After the dark veil,
To transform a crippled life
From dead feelings to real,
I felt a heavenly fragrance
And lit up my somber mind,
A butterfly was in the making
Leaving all the gloom behind.
I expressed my budding joy
With passionate notes on the lip,
As the newborn wings of illumination
Thus brightened the broken ship.
Copyright © 2013 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Caterpillar by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass