Bound by the metal chain,
Feeling everlasting pain.
Death so far away,
I await everyday.
Ran out of fear,
as I waited a year,
unable to shed a tear.
The chains of sorrow,
wishing for no tomorrow.
The chains of being attached,
on my soul it latched.
There be no escape,
Painful yet sweet like a dreamscape.
These chains that bind,
Never been kind.
Follow the wind,
Follow the sinned.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chains by Sean Wang )
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns