Changes Invariable (II)
I served generations as an angel,
Who is often fated with goal single.
Though I was called a 'Porter's Rest',
Loads on my head were still varied.
Once there appeared a Hawk sweeping,
Spoiling the veils of village virtues:
Widening, Lengthening, deepening,
Adorning and beautifying continued.
Man has always been after changes;
Ignoring impacts, Good or Evil.
Nature suffered brutalities massive
Until the last knot of tolerance broken.
Things have taken turns lethal
Leaving no room for even regrets.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Changes Invariable (II) by Tajudeen Shah )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid