Bijay Kant Dubey
Chariot of Dreams By Dwarakanath H. Kabadi
Though written earlier, he could not pursue and follow it then
As for being a boy of eighteen to take up commerce,
The kernel of Chariot of Dreams was sown earlier
And he wrote it then,
But could not publish it for so long.
Again, when dusting the racks and shelves,
He found the manuscript
And he went through it,
The work written during his youth
And he accepted and acknowledged the matter finally.
Chariot of Dreams, published in 2002, from Bangalore
Is a poem of an epical format,
I mean a longer poem,
With a prologue and an epilogue,
Gliding along dreams and ideas.
Prologue, The Path of Dreams, The Depth of Dreams,
The Cycle of Dreams, Dreams, The Search,
The Journey of Life, Time and Space, The Colour of Dreams,
The Chariot Design, The Chariot Moves, The Glory of Dreams,
Safe Dreams, The Final Destination, Epilogue, the parts of the poem.
Written under the spate of inspiration, a girl’s influence,
Taking to the example of Shelley, Wordsworth, Burns, Keats and Tagore,
Just like Joyce’s quest after beauty in Araby short story, sketch,
The chariot came on, took him up,
Strode along with divine glimpses.
It is a poem of thought, thinking, image and idea,
A poem of dreams,
The chariot of dreams,
Coming and taking to
And the poet driving along dreamily.
The flights of poesy, the dreams of allegory,
Image and reflection,
Youthful verve and vigour,
The wisps and whiffs of romanticism
As the dreams of love taking over his mindscape.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chariot of Dreams By Dwarakanath H. Kabadi by Bijay Kant Dubey )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.