Few moments are candied
in the ambers of memory.
some are sweet and some are sour.
Colourful rainbows, twinkling stars,
fascinating butterflies, fragrance of flowers.
Fills life of a child with hopes too high.
Dressing up barbies, wishing on stars.
cuddling teddy bears for hours
has just become a fading memory in the mind.
The world of a child seems to be filled
with colours of love, dreams and hopes.
Far away from the cruel and brutal world
full of hatred, lies and selfishness.
In the hasty life of an adult,
such beautiful memories get covered with cobwebs.
the moment these webs are removed
a smile comes across our face
A PURE PRECIOUS SMILE.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood by Shamal Akrayi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak