Few moments are candied
in the ambers of memory.
some are sweet and some are sour.
Colourful rainbows, twinkling stars,
fascinating butterflies, fragrance of flowers.
Fills life of a child with hopes too high.
Dressing up barbies, wishing on stars.
cuddling teddy bears for hours
has just become a fading memory in the mind.
The world of a child seems to be filled
with colours of love, dreams and hopes.
Far away from the cruel and brutal world
full of hatred, lies and selfishness.
In the hasty life of an adult,
such beautiful memories get covered with cobwebs.
the moment these webs are removed
a smile comes across our face
A PURE PRECIOUS SMILE.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood by Shamal Akrayi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas