John W. McEwers
Children's Poems by John W. McEwers: Billy Butterbean
Billy Butterbean was a boy who wanted to eat ice cream
So he dreamed up a daydream that would make his mom seem
To think he cared about his body such
That they were on the same team.
So every day for lunch and dinner he would eat his peas.
If he would eat his daily peas then he could get a scoop or two.
And if he put peas in his cereal then he could have some hot fudge too.
If he snacked on peas between his meals
He'd cover his sundae in cherry goo.
Butterbean could always be seen snacking on his peas.
After many weeks of this, Billy Butterbean grew mean.
His organs may have been healthy but his dermis grew dark green.
His mother had to intervene.
She grounded him: 'No more ice cream.'
And that's how Billy Butterbean lost his faith in peas.
John W. McEwers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children's Poems by John W. McEwers: Billy Butterbean by John W. McEwers )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1895 - 1985)
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Words mean nothing, Angie Sous
- Not for his sake ليس من اجله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver