Fight with hand or sword, fight as one against one, fight with honor and grace, and you will gain glory and love without disgrace.
Give mercy and show mercy, and you’ll be respected among your enemies and peers, Be honorable but not to the extreme, forgive and you will in war and peace succeed.
If you disgrace and shame you will promote bitterness and of your enemy’s anger gain. If you show respect you will in time gain respect, save from the wicked who of all virtues reject.
Chivalry isn’t dead it exists in the godly and pure of heart. Avoid a battle with no virtue to gain and you will avoid hatred from the start.
Those who show only power and might, but not chivalry and respect as a knight, are doomed to suffer anger and torment’s plight.
With technology war becomes more based on power than the force of will and skill. Know when to let pride and anger die to surrender and let surrender and you will have few killed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chivalry by Chris Purser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- she came across in Wrangler jeans, Bloar Heir
- A Boy and His Dog, Kewayne Wadley
- She will whisper, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Failed Romantic, Ananta Madhavan
- Poem 141, Andy Caldwell
- Conception's Debt, Noah Body
- Think, Fareez Nasir
- i dye my hair the color of us, Mandolyn Davidson
- Meeting Warmth~, Kamini Arichandran
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey