Lawrence S. Pertillar
Chosen To Be Permanently Afflicted
The ones who have adapted to adjust to denial,
With a doing of it comfortably to accept...
For the rest of their lives,
Always seem to be those incapable...
To stop making excuses for everything done,
To have others believe with a showing to them proof,
They have been chosen to be permanently afflicted.
With either something physical or mental,
They have with a prescribed medication...
Ensuring to keep them addicted,
That a licensed doctor who is certified and they see,
On a regular basis with kept appointments...
Who has diagnosed with their recommendations,
To keep their doses validated regardless...
Of who says what about home remedies.
And cost effective cures that will eliminate their fees.
If I were you,
I would do more exercise and try a change of diet.
You would look and feel a whole lot better if you did.
Just by changing your outlook.
That's all it takes.
Instead of accepting your dilemma.
And paying to remain sick.'
~And your medical degree has been earned from 'where'? ~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chosen To Be Permanently Afflicted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- So many lines, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I need a talisman, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The giant of the red eye, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As From Behind Tree, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The tree of days, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Glass shrine II, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Glass shrine, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Desperation, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Monk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Haunting nights, Emmanuel George Cefai