Lawrence S. Pertillar
Chosen To Be Permanently Afflicted
The ones who have adapted to adjust to denial,
With a doing of it comfortably to accept...
For the rest of their lives,
Always seem to be those incapable...
To stop making excuses for everything done,
To have others believe with a showing to them proof,
They have been chosen to be permanently afflicted.
With either something physical or mental,
They have with a prescribed medication...
Ensuring to keep them addicted,
That a licensed doctor who is certified and they see,
On a regular basis with kept appointments...
Who has diagnosed with their recommendations,
To keep their doses validated regardless...
Of who says what about home remedies.
And cost effective cures that will eliminate their fees.
If I were you,
I would do more exercise and try a change of diet.
You would look and feel a whole lot better if you did.
Just by changing your outlook.
That's all it takes.
Instead of accepting your dilemma.
And paying to remain sick.'
~And your medical degree has been earned from 'where'? ~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chosen To Be Permanently Afflicted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear
- À TOI, Rosie Bourget
- Psalm 077, Forrest Hainline
- Every day feels scripted, Mark Heathcote