Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.'
O Christ you truly are, 'The Keeper of America's
Flame! ' O Christ please let your flame proudly
Proclaim our great and glorious country to truly be
'the land of the free, and the home of the brave! '
Long may the stars and stripes wave!
O Christ you truly are our nation's Bright and
Shining Beacon of Hope for strangers unable to cope
With inequality and oppression. O Christ you welcome
Them to America with justice and compassion!
O Christ you truly are our nation's most Brillant
Ray of Sunshine! Your merciful love divine keeps
America strong and free! A leader among all the nations
we will always be!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of Liberty. I read about Charlie, a writer of poems about the Statue
of Liberty, and decided to dedicate a poem to him.
I was several decades younger than today, and the world has
greatly changed, in many ways not for the better. But I still love
my country, despite its shortcomings, and still honor our flag.
Is America still an open door country? In many ways after September 11,2001, we have changed our positions in favor of The Department
of Homeland Security.
Comments about this poem (Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- Dawn, Rinzen Norbu
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi