Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.'
O Christ you truly are, 'The Keeper of America's
Flame! ' O Christ please let your flame proudly
Proclaim our great and glorious country to truly be
'the land of the free, and the home of the brave! '
Long may the stars and stripes wave!
O Christ you truly are our nation's Bright and
Shining Beacon of Hope for strangers unable to cope
With inequality and oppression. O Christ you welcome
Them to America with justice and compassion!
O Christ you truly are our nation's most Brillant
Ray of Sunshine! Your merciful love divine keeps
America strong and free! A leader among all the nations
we will always be!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of Liberty. I read about Charlie, a writer of poems about the Statue
of Liberty, and decided to dedicate a poem to him.
I was several decades younger than today, and the world has
greatly changed, in many ways not for the better. But I still love
my country, despite its shortcomings, and still honor our flag.
Is America still an open door country? In many ways after September 11,2001, we have changed our positions in favor of The Department
of Homeland Security.
Comments about this poem (Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall
- On Waking, Rodrigo Diaz
- Death of the Hares, sheena blackhall
- 10 Scots poems from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 3 Page 2, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Whispers in the Dark, Adeosun Olamide
- Slipping, Sliding, Ann Clark