Christmas time is hear my friends
The lights are on the tree
Light up Santa on the lawn
For everyone to see.
Hang the wreath upon the door
smell the scent of pine
See the Shepard's gathered around Mary
Inside the lighted shrine.
Are you praying for a White Christmas
I am, but just for Christmas day
Just enough to give the kids
A fun ride on their sleigh.
Take a drive around the neighborhood
See all the lights and decorations
No two houses will look the same
They will all meet your expectations.
It's early Christmas morning
The children are up and sitting around the tree
Looking at all the presents there
And wondering, 'how many are for me? '
Seeing all the children's faces
When Papa starts handing the present out
The joy and laughter I see and hear
Reminds me that children are what Christmas is all about.
GOD BLESS EVERYONE! !
Dianna Nally's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas by Dianna Nally )
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Square, Frank Avon
- Shelling Peas on Boulders Beach [for my .., Gillian Commerford
- हार्थखिया मिनिदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- just orientation..many can be straighten.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Demented Souls (A re-submission), Valsa George
- King One - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Storm Within, Erika Wingo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Hunger, Jayanta Mahapatra
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)