If I was born on the twelfth day of October,
On which day in 1492 Columbus discovered America,
But I was born on the day 19th of April,1951 in a general hospital of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Somehow I discovered the pinching sorrow in a nightmare
Where the childish man who struggles eternally?
* I dedicate this scribbling to my deceased pet dog. [Marco my precious son] His yelp taught me lot of things about the mysterious life.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christopher Columbus by nimal dunuhinga )
- Under Wearmouth Bridge, Paul Gerard Reed
- Without Wanting..., Asma Riaz Khan
- Of Albert's Prayer, Adeosun Olamide
- Opera, Naveed Khalid
- Before the Big Bang, Harley White
- Insomnia, Naveed Khalid
- Kabbalah, Naveed Khalid
- Sunflower, Naveed Khalid
- Moi's Life is Birth Days of Dictatorship, alexander opicho
- Twilight, Naveed Khalid