What was I doing?
With a cigarette in my mouth
And bowl full cigarette ashes
With your name buried in it.
I flicker the lighter
On and off,
My eyes light up with fire
Thinking about you.
You are now
The cigarette ashes
Inside my cigarette ash tray, and I'm
Contemplating on what just happened here.
What were you thinking?
When a million questions
Came upon your ears,
And with a long silence came upon your voice?
'Without words echo in one's ear can really stir up a fire'
One last puff and blow
And a burn to my lungs as
I tap the cigarette upon
The cigarette ash tray with your name buried in it.
Your photos are now grey.
With holes and burns
As you came out to appear-
At the end
Angelica Ortiz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cigarette Ashes by Angelica Ortiz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak