Clarity Came Calling
Exhaustion was my middle name last night
Sleep was my long lost best friend
Rest was beckoning me, begging me for a chance
Finally, my soul and my body gave in.
In my dreams, CLARITY spoke:
If you love him, you must trust him'
And if your worst fears are true, that he is sleeping with her behind your back.
Realize that: His transgressions are his and not yours.
And her transgression is that, she does not love nor respect herself
And that is the worst transgression of them all.
jfc 5: 41 pm
June FeirCruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clarity Came Calling by June FeirCruz )
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)