Joseph T. Renaldi
I wonder why at class reunions
We bring to mind anew,
The lively and cheerful days
And recall and pass them in review.
Like a selector we choose the days
That have given us memorable joy
And retain them closely to our hearts
So pleasing to the mind, so coy.
Many names on the class reunion list
Reflects a face we remember and love,
And their presence is like a tinkling joy
Pealing incessantly from a belfry above.
Memory will play many frivolous tricks
As the years quickly pass us by.
One good fortune surpasses failures
And at class reunions we know why.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Class Reunion by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer
- Christmas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Pretty Rose Tree, Luo Zhihai