Do you think if one washes their hands
that it will wash all of lifes sins away?
and make them more pure of heart
in some disinfecting soapy cleansing way?
Does one think if they scrub
scrub as hard as one can scrub.
That it will be some miraculous kind of purification
in their heart-filled, scrub- a- dub?
The purification of man's heart
was made easier then a scrub away.
For there was a man named Jesus
who's blood is but His sinless wash away.
His mercy and grace are here to erase
all that water can not cleans from you.
His love is here for all to share
He has washed it all for you.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Clean Hands' by Linda Winchell )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)