Do you think if one washes their hands
that it will wash all of lifes sins away?
and make them more pure of heart
in some disinfecting soapy cleansing way?
Does one think if they scrub
scrub as hard as one can scrub.
That it will be some miraculous kind of purification
in their heart-filled, scrub- a- dub?
The purification of man's heart
was made easier then a scrub away.
For there was a man named Jesus
who's blood is but His sinless wash away.
His mercy and grace are here to erase
all that water can not cleans from you.
His love is here for all to share
He has washed it all for you.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Clean Hands' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov