Do you think if one washes their hands
that it will wash all of lifes sins away?
and make them more pure of heart
in some disinfecting soapy cleansing way?
Does one think if they scrub
scrub as hard as one can scrub.
That it will be some miraculous kind of purification
in their heart-filled, scrub- a- dub?
The purification of man's heart
was made easier then a scrub away.
For there was a man named Jesus
who's blood is but His sinless wash away.
His mercy and grace are here to erase
all that water can not cleans from you.
His love is here for all to share
He has washed it all for you.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Clean Hands' by Linda Winchell )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)