Do you think if one washes their hands
that it will wash all of lifes sins away?
and make them more pure of heart
in some disinfecting soapy cleansing way?
Does one think if they scrub
scrub as hard as one can scrub.
That it will be some miraculous kind of purification
in their heart-filled, scrub- a- dub?
The purification of man's heart
was made easier then a scrub away.
For there was a man named Jesus
who's blood is but His sinless wash away.
His mercy and grace are here to erase
all that water can not cleans from you.
His love is here for all to share
He has washed it all for you.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Clean Hands' by Linda Winchell )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman
- can I be..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo