As they could not see it,
wanted to see it,
believed it was there,
they believed the function of trillions of drops
was to carry away dirt,
and the more the dirt you could see,
the closer to clean you would be!
Those who were confounded by that,
were brought to despair:
there were similar beliefs about air.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clean Water by douglas scotney )
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai
- Beauty Rarely, Casey Renee Kiser
- Smiles, Shawn Montgomery
- Red is hot, gajanan mishra
- Darker BLues, Charles Hice
- Everything extraordinary, gajanan mishra
- Without Tear, Neela Nath
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra