B: XXXXXXXI: 'Cruel and Curious Dwarfs'
In a battle between host and hostage,
exponents of humours diverse,
each thought the other a hostage,
that the host had the upper hand
and that the other would come off worse.
Then one saw supporting the other
one upon whom he'd relied,
realised he couldn't withstand
humour of the opposite brand,
called that one a traitor,
said what she did was underhand
and realised the battle
was not between humours diverse
but between humours and humans perverse.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (B: XXXXXXXI: 'Cruel and Curious Dwarfs' by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery
- Unloved Men Hate (and retards at the M.., Monk E. Biz
- Hope you won't Forget, Lore Me34
- Any other issue, gajanan mishra
- To show as great., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 'Useless'..... [human uselessness; PSYC.., Bri Edwards
- WORN OUT DOOR, Philo Yan
- Newbie, Savita Tyagi
- Is That A Virtues Woman?, John Ugolo Umah
- थांनानै था आरो थांनानै थानो हो, Bahadur Basumatary