Cleanliness and Happiness
Cleanliness! Cleanliness! Cleanliness!
Cleanliness ever gives you happiness! happiness! happiness!
For cleanliness is next to Godliness! Godliness! Godliness!
Keep your surroundings very clean,
Dust and tidy, wash and preen,
Spic and span-it must seem,
In an environment that does gleam.
Physical cleanliness is a must,
Brush your teeth and attend to bathing;
Clean your hair and wear clothes clean;
Be fresh and to be clean, be keen.
Flush all evil thoughts from your mind
And gush it with love and ever be kind;
Honesty and sincerity; goodness and cheerfulness
Implanted, will make one bounce with happiness.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cleanliness and Happiness by chandra thiagarajan )
- Simply Marvelous, Electric Lady
- Winter in Tennessee, Frank Avon
- Oh, I Can Fly, Francie Lynch
- The drowned emigrants المهاجرون الغرقى, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Clean and sanitized., Ryan Brodesser
- Final Devotion, Saiom Shriver
- Goggles and Goggle-Box, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Merry-Go-Round, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)