Gain In Pain
I fall a prey to great affliction,
Undergo sufferance with botheration.
Why should I undergo pain and fret?
Why should I twitching heartache get?
Why should I undergo this distress?
Why should I have this unhappiness?
I stumble to interpret and expound,
I am helpless to unravel and come around!
In God's wonderful and glorious creation,
There is nothing whatever without reason!
'Oh! God! Why have you thrown me over-board?
Oh! God! Why am I saddled with such a load? '
'Oh! Ye man, when life is trying and troublesome,
Difficult, with misery, formidable and toilsome;
With worry, trials and tribulations,
You are made tough to get invigoration;
You gather spirit, strength and tenacity,
You become chaste, pure with sublimity;
Distress gives you the grit and determination,
To overcome the bitterness in the situation;
With sufferance you learn endurance,
You engender enthusiasm and tolerance;
With pain you restrain and gain wisdom,
You are seasoned, cohesive and solemn;
With affliction you beget verve and inspiration,
You become deeply profound with beatification! '
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gain In Pain by chandra thiagarajan )
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)