Clenching My Eyes
Such a beautiful shield of ignorance.
The finest sense abolished with glee.
I clench my eyes in fear.
To the truth, forever free.
Though, I'm the final man alive.
And I smell the aftermath, indeed.
I hear the echoes from the sea.
But these, I'll never have to see.
A voice is chanting violent verses.
Venom taints it's breath.
Apocalyptic innards churning.
Putridity, all that's left.
The voice warps into a twisted roar.
And to a common language, it shifted:
'Cowardly fool, how dare you defy me?
I demand that your veil be lifted!
I know that you fear the dark voice that you hear.
And the stench of the death in the air.
But open your eyes, stop believing your lies.
And I promise your life will be spared.'
Aaron Lynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clenching My Eyes by Aaron Lynn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Pray for that land, Nida Sofi
- My Pillow, Lilly Emery
- ziel, co the skipper
- What You Given Me, Lilly Emery
- Just Open Your Eyes, Ronell Warren Alman
- Margarita, Margarita Kamal
- sometimes dead is better, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's a good thing we never were, Mandolyn Davidson
- Great And Noble Nations, David Harris
- i'm aging. it's in the script., Mandolyn Davidson