Close Your Ethics of Ego and Proud
Close your ethics of ego and proud
And read the lasting sign of time.
A drop I am and ocean's quite expanse are you
I know though well each and every ups and downs you go,
And I know well the secret of shine
Of Illusion's glorious crown you wear.
So many pages of requests are pending
But you haven't time beyond self tending.
Still there's world beyond those lines
To the which you cling circling every time.
Life is not just self expression
It's also and easy and smooth conversation.
The self-pleasing smile that floats and blossoms upon your bosom
Hides within its depth a vicious poison.
Though you bloom in hearts like a flower of honour
But be gentle and not wild to shake off that flower.
Why 'tis dilemma of self realising
Though you be complete but others have also livings.
Yet 'tis yours self perception, rest others' quite rejection
So be ready for self-shame end to welcome your chariot
Returning from defeated vision.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Close Your Ethics of Ego and Proud by Vivek Tiwari )
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
- I Sang, Vera Sidhwa
- Something Just Touched Me, Stephen Warren Williams
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
- Time shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)