Close Your Ethics of Ego and Proud
Close your ethics of ego and proud
And read the lasting sign of time.
A drop I am and ocean's quite expanse are you
I know though well each and every ups and downs you go,
And I know well the secret of shine
Of Illusion's glorious crown you wear.
So many pages of requests are pending
But you haven't time beyond self tending.
Still there's world beyond those lines
To the which you cling circling every time.
Life is not just self expression
It's also and easy and smooth conversation.
The self-pleasing smile that floats and blossoms upon your bosom
Hides within its depth a vicious poison.
Though you bloom in hearts like a flower of honour
But be gentle and not wild to shake off that flower.
Why 'tis dilemma of self realising
Though you be complete but others have also livings.
Yet 'tis yours self perception, rest others' quite rejection
So be ready for self-shame end to welcome your chariot
Returning from defeated vision.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Close Your Ethics of Ego and Proud by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra
- joe dassin, co the skipper
- Of Course, Sonya Annita Song