Planting The Saplings
These saplings that I plant
Shall grow in youthful lusty bloom
With beautiful hues and sweet fragrance
In My Garden before my door.
Among the plants with laden flowers
Shall I sit serenity blessed
Easing in cot or swing or chair
Viewing the beauty wide expressed.
I shall glance and glare and sing
To all its heart exulting scenes
Its ecstasy of melodious musing
Of wasps murmuring and humming bees;
Singing birds and cuckoos' rhyming
Shall teach my heart a divine ease.
I shall be me young again
Bubbling heart of warm enthusiasm
To follow the flies
To hold their tails
To sing with Nature her throated romance.
Till the veins are tired to sweep
And the heart is lulled to sleep
Serenity's serene my brain doth feel
To reward my soul with grandest peace.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Planting The Saplings by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Crimes Indicting Entire Human Race, Terence G. Craddock
- The Power Of Dreams, Edward Kofi Louis
- Written On The Wall, Muhammad Shanazar
- Explosives And A Rose, Muhammad Shanazar
- The Truth, Muhammad Shanazar
- When, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Known, unknown!, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Heart Doesn't Commend, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Collective Grave, Muhammad Shanazar
- Come With Me, Omar Eldamsheety