Closed For Business!
The government shuts down!
Politicians who refuse to negotiate
With hostage takers and pirates
Hold their own president
And country’s welfare hostage
To enforce their own will
Demanding ransom beyond imagination
Height of hypocrisy!
Young politicians and their marathon podium high jacking!
What a waste of time and public resources
Ideals of democracy clutched in power hungry hands
The statue of Freedom sheds tears
Above capital dome
Little Red Riding Hood watch out!
Many wolfs out there in Grandma’s clothing
Your soldier friend is on furlough!
Grandma’s house isn’t secure any more!
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Closed For Business! by Savita Tyagi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(c. 600 BCE)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Happiness Returns, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Poetry I Adore, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Monkeys in City, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean
- Embellishing the Pale Blue Sky, James Darwin Smith II
- Thoughts, Ronald Chapman
- A Moment in Time, Tango Tango
- My Words, Ronald Chapman
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton