Closed For Business!
The government shuts down!
Politicians who refuse to negotiate
With hostage takers and pirates
Hold their own president
And country’s welfare hostage
To enforce their own will
Demanding ransom beyond imagination
Height of hypocrisy!
Young politicians and their marathon podium high jacking!
What a waste of time and public resources
Ideals of democracy clutched in power hungry hands
The statue of Freedom sheds tears
Above capital dome
Little Red Riding Hood watch out!
Many wolfs out there in Grandma’s clothing
Your soldier friend is on furlough!
Grandma’s house isn’t secure any more!
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Closed For Business! by Savita Tyagi )
Did you read them?
- Climbing Stairs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Thought About You, Kyle Schlicher
- المسير الطويل, مالك حداد
- To Be Inside You, Kyle Schlicher
- You, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Nje portret dashurie kam mbetur..., skender iljaz braka
- Escape From - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Heartless Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)