Clouds and Rain
Another day of clouds and rain
have dampened my spirits again.
It seems as if the sun is lost
and cannot remember when
it was able to drive the clouds away
and gift me with a sunny day.
In the morning I slowly open my lids
and my world is devoid of sun.
I take my shower and brush my teeth
and when these perfunctories are done
I take another peek outside
and wonder if the sun has died?
But that's impossible isn't it?
Because the world would all be gone.
Somebody else must be seeing the sun
and probably watering their lawn.
All I see are the clouds and rain.
My wishes for the sun are still in vain.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clouds and Rain by Edwina Reizer )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad
- In love power, hasmukh amathalal
- Arrivals, Maylee Bossy
- Companionship, Leong Ming Loong
- Remain helpless, hasmukh amathalal
- A MINER'S DESTINY, Randy McClave
- Save Them, BARBARA ALVARADO
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal