Clouds and Rain
Another day of clouds and rain
have dampened my spirits again.
It seems as if the sun is lost
and cannot remember when
it was able to drive the clouds away
and gift me with a sunny day.
In the morning I slowly open my lids
and my world is devoid of sun.
I take my shower and brush my teeth
and when these perfunctories are done
I take another peek outside
and wonder if the sun has died?
But that's impossible isn't it?
Because the world would all be gone.
Somebody else must be seeing the sun
and probably watering their lawn.
All I see are the clouds and rain.
My wishes for the sun are still in vain.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clouds and Rain by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- EDUCATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The night is heavy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Your sacred hummock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- SHOW UP 10 WORD, Beryl Dov