Different faiths can surely coexist, but a larger concern is missed,
Men who gather of different belief, to foster man’s temporal relief,
From all that opposition and strife, while living together in this life,
But, this man manufactured peace, shall indeed in due time cease.
A body of men that in a mixture, of many faiths misses the picture,
The larger picture all men will face, when they must leave this place,
The awesome picture of eternity, a picture some choose not to see,
But, all will clearly see my friend, an Eternal Picture that has no end.
Eternity no matter what some feel, for every single soul is truly real,
Ignoring eternity to simply coexist, creates not, truth you can resist,
As this present age is dwarfed by, Eternity, in both scope and time,
A time ahead that will never cease, but many shall not see its peace.
The only true peace on earth’s sod, comes from The Only True God,
The only peace provided on the earth, which is also of eternal worth,
A peace that Christ issues here, which extends to the eternal sphere,
That peace which you will only see, if you know The God of Eternity.
Apart from God’s Truth, all will learn, their peace was not of concern,
This as they take in their last breath, only to experience eternal death;
However, God sent His Only Son, down into this world, for everyone,
Sending His Eternal Son, Jesus Christ, so all could have Eternal Life.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Coexist by Bob Gotti )
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)